Together Again

Hello, It´s transfers day again, already! Soeur J- is transferred to Punaauia, and I will miss her so much! My new companion will be... My...

Hello,

It´s transfers day again, already! Soeur J- is transferred to Punaauia, and I will miss her so much! My new companion will be... My old companion Soeur K-! Heavenly Father is really determined to send her here, because she was supposed to come in my stead 3 months ago but couldn't because she didn't have a permit. But now that I drive, she can fulfill her destiny in the secteur of Mahina.

In any case, Soeur J- had a good last week in Mahina. Things are starting to pick up, the field is ripening for the harvest. This week we kicked off our stake's mission plan, where every fourth week of the month is full of activities for members to invite their friends. Tuesday there wash a fireside about the Atonement, which as I said was supposed to be for investigators but went a little deep doctrine so we were in the end glad that we didn't have too many investigators there. Apparently through the Resurrection, literally everything living thing will be resurrected, including the mosquitoes I kill... And then our newest investigator, AC, who was sitting next to me, asked me what Atonement means... *face palm* (side note, I've noticed that that's one of the most common questions I get. Isn't it funny that the most important thing we can teach in this Church or any is the one thing that nobody outside our church here has ever heard of?) Anyway, we had to leave early because a lovely family in the ward had invited N- to eat with us, even though they hardly knew her! They gave her lots of good encouragement that I think she needed to hear.

Well I'm realizing that I'm very short on time, I need to take Soeur J- to Punaauia. The rest of the week went well also, lots of little miracles and tender mercies. The main highlight was a mission conference with Bishop Caussé, the presiding bishop of the Church. He also talked a lot about the Atonement, and how we need to truly understand it in order to help others receive it in their lives. Sister Caussé invited us to take a step into the void, a leap of faith. All in all a great conference. Oh, and right before our Conference, Bishop Caussé had a meeting with the President of French Polynesia, and asked the President what we as a Church could do to help the people of Tahiti, and he said the best thing we can do is just to teach the Gospel.

Love you all,
Soeur Ladd

0 comments