Suffer the Little Children to Come Unto Me

Iaorana tatou pauroa, Short email today because it's transfer day and I'm the driver! It's an even more massive transfer this ...

Iaorana tatou pauroa,

Short email today because it's transfer day and I'm the driver! It's an even more massive transfer this time because President decided it was time to even out the elder-sister ratio in some zones -we had a zone with 12 or so elders and 2 sisters and others with 10 sisters and 4 elders. That means there will be a lot of secteurs "white-washed." However Mahina is staying pretty chill since we already have and even number, 6 and 6. My companion and I will stay together another transfer (woohoo!)

We had a great week, lots of little (and big) miracles:

  • H-, a little 8 year old girl that we teach, is a better missionary than I am. She's started inviting her friends to join our lessons and sharing the Book of Mormon with her siblings. Two of her friends have already joined us and said that they were going to invite their friends too! It's really adorable. Even if I'm not the best at teaching children, they just have a special spirit and sensitivity to the truth. "Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved." (3 Nephi 9:22)


  • On Wednesday we had a really cool small world moment (Mom you will love this one)! We were working with a member (already a miracle) named He- who is preparing for her mission, just doing some tracting in her neighborhood. We found Ch-, who had been taught by missionaries in France maybe 30 years ago but had never talked to missionaries since moving back to Tahiti a long time ago (she lives in a windy neighborhood on the mountain that we don't visit very often). Towards the end of the conversation, she mentioned that her neighbor at the time she met with the missionaries was a member, and after moving away they had kept in contact through letters. Unfortunately since the neighbor moved a lot, all around the world (like us or the State Department) the last letter she sent came back too her - she had waited too long and they had already moved. And you know what? The long-lost neighbor is He-'s aunt! Ch- quickly found the old letter (from 8 years ago and she found it in about 30 seconds so it was clearly important to her) so that He- could give it to them. I don't believe in coincidences, just tender mercies ;)


  • The biggest highlight of the week was Saturday - I went back to Mahaiatea for the baptism of Th-! Yep, he finally decided he was ready to follow the example of Jesus Christ and join the Church that he had recognized to be true. It was a beautiful service and I was happy to see them all again.


I love you all,
Tuahine Ladd

From left to right, me, Soeur Lu-, Th-, A-, and Soeur K-. 



p.s. I forgot to take a picture but A- gave me a ukulele! It's super awesome, I'll show you next week ;)

0 comments