Stay Tuned and Trust God

Iaorana tatou, I can drive stick shift now! The beginning of the week was a bit slow as far as proselyting goes because I spent most of Tu...

Iaorana tatou,

I can drive stick shift now! The beginning of the week was a bit slow as far as proselyting goes because I spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday learning to drive but now that's out of the way and the rest of the week was pretty normal. Highlights of the week include eating cake with president Bize for his birthday because Soeur S and I were conveniently at the mission office at the right time; watching a classic missionary driving safety film including comparing diving safety to the first vision, and a slightly crazy Marquisian papi telling us to follow our heart and talk to the birds. He angrily asked us "where is God?" about 50 times. If any of you know what the name of the earth is, he'd really like to know. You might need to follow his advice though and meditate for a month, and pray a bit but not too much. #tahiti.

But the real highlight of the week was going to the temple with all the new converts of Mahaiatea! I love the temple so much. A- cried. Actually most of them shed a few tears. It was very special to be able to accompany them for their first time. I'm not sure if I've shared this with y'all yet - I really love a phrase that Elder Cardon used when he was here. "Stay tuned and trust God." Our district meeting last Friday was about following the Holy Ghost, a good reminder for me to always seek the Spirit. Stay tuned to the Spirit, be patient, and trust God. Trust in God is in my opinion te essence of faith, hope, and charity.

I love you all!
Soeur Ladd

0 comments