I Have A Daughter

Iaorana tatou! I have a daughter! (And a new brother, congrats Mr. and Mrs. Shake! And happy birthday Ky!) Soeur K flew back to Tahiti o...

Iaorana tatou!

I have a daughter! (And a new brother, congrats Mr. and Mrs. Shake! And happy birthday Ky!)

Soeur K flew back to Tahiti on Wednesday, and I met my new companion and trainee, Soeur M! She's from Tahiti, and she's awesome. She came ready to work hard, which is the best thing about new missionaries.

Sorry I haven't got much time left to write this week (My fault, spent too much time looking at wedding photos) but we had a good week! Papi T, who we thought would never progress, said he didn't have a Book of Mormon, so we gave him one and he said he'd read a page a day. M said he didn't read the Book or Mormon because his brother was always reading their copy, so we gave them a second one. I borrowed Soeur J's bike while we waited for Soeur M's to arrive by boat, (Soeur M used mine because it's easier to ride than Soeur J's) and I managed to get a flat tire. Less than one day of borrowing her bike! The elders saved us by helping us fix it after our district meeting. We finally had a lesson with P's not so subtly eavesdropping sister T.

A definite highlight for me this week has been teaching H. I don't think I've ever met an investigator like her. She's the niece of a family in the ward and she felt strongly that she should come here to Raiatea for vacation, but she thought it was for surf. Instead it was to find the true Church! She came to church a few times with her aunt's family, and then asked to take the lessons with us. She had already decided that she wants to be baptized! She is heading back to Tahiti this week, so she'll finish the lessons and be baptized there.

Anyway I'd better go soon, but just a little thought from a 'family home evening' with the other sisters on Raiatea. "Look for the how in the whys, not the whys in the how." In keeping the commandments, we best learn why they are important when we do our best to keep them. Instead of just asking 'why do I have to do this?' ask 'how do I do it?' and you'll figure out why along the way.

Je vous aime!
Soeur Ladd

0 comments