Encore

Iaorana tatou! P got baptized on Friday! It's been such a blessing to see the changes he's made these past weeks. I still remember...

Iaorana tatou!

P got baptized on Friday! It's been such a blessing to see the changes he's made these past weeks. I still remember one of the first times we invited him to be baptized - he explained that he didn't want to change religion because God doesn't change, and he was baptized Protestant anyway. And when we explained about Priesthood authority, he said that men are imperfect and aren't worthy to hold the Priesthood. Well, yesterday P received the Aaronic Priesthood, as well as the Gift of the Holy Ghost. As it turns out, he had read a Plan of Salvation brochure that we gave to his sister (she gave us a couple Adventist brochures in return) and that was his turning point. Gotta love that Plan of Salvation! Now he can prepare to go to the temple and be baptized for all of his family that wait for him on the other side, especially his brother. They were taught by missionaries together about 20 years ago, and has since passed away. P likes walking to church (over 2km) so that he can get there extra early and visit the cemetery. It will be a happy day when P can visit the temple for his brother! (Speaking of him walking 2km to church, since Elder T, who is in charge of baptismal interviews in our district, doesn't have a car, he and his companion rode their bikes like 30 or 40km each way just to interview P! I think I'll stop complaining about how far we have to ride in this secteur.)

The rest of the week was great too! Wednesday we had exchanges with the sisters of Faaroa, and Soeur M and I spent a good part of the day fixing a flat tire. Third time in two weeks, but again, not complaining anymore! President Bize gives us monthly challenges and for this month we're trying to improve the number of lessons with members present. It's been a blessing to be able to work with our ward members and it turns out they really enjoy it too! I remember now the months before my mission when I loved helping the sister missionaries, they just had to ask! If y'all have never worked with the missionaries, you should try it out. We're pretty cool.

Saturday we were working with J and afterward she wanted to get cake so we stopped by her neighbor's house, where the daughter sells cake. (p.s. it was good cake) The mom is a member who recently returned after being inactive for 20 years. Her daughter has taken the lessons off and on for several years, as well as her grandson. We visit the mom every so often to check up on them. J encouraged us to share a message with them. It was the cutest thing! I shared a scripture about faith, hope and charity, we discussed it, bore our testimonies, and finished in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. As I was about to put my scriptures away, the daughter said, "Don't you have another?" We said sure, why not! And we spent a good hour just sharing scriptures and experiences about faith and the love of God. I love one that Soeur M shared, 2 Nephi 22:2: "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation."

Trust, be not afraid! How many times do we read these comforting words in the scriptures? "Peace be unto you," "be of good cheer," "do not fear," "doubt not," "Fear thou not, for I am with thee."

Je vous aime!

Soeur Ladd

0 comments