Na Na Matavai

First things first: In a few days I will be leaving Matavai and flying to the island of Raiatea ( Ra'iātea ) !  It's a few islands...

First things first: In a few days I will be leaving Matavai and flying to the island of Raiatea (Ra'iātea)

It's a few islands over from the famous Bora Bora. Not too small of an island, there are 10 missionaries there, but from what I've been told, it's beautiful! My secteur is Ututroa, but I don't know too much about it. My new companion will be Soeur K, who's from New Zealand and adorable. I met her at the MTC, because she is from the district that came in 6 weeks after us. So she just finished her training. Also, turns out that Soeur S is also transferred to Raiatea! So we'll be together again, sort of! 

Anyway, as for my last week in Matavai, we had a great week! Papi A was baptized on Saturday. He had a bit of trouble with cigarettes again, but was able to quit. The ward has been really great about welcoming him in. We had to push back the baptism of J because he didn't feel quite ready, but hopefully it will go through for this Saturday! Soeur T will be training a new missionary and I'm sure they'll take good care of Matavai. I've got to go for now because transfers are a little crazy, but if I have time later I might be able to get back on. 

Love you lots! Soeur Ladd

0 comments