I Lie To My Companion

In case any of you still thought that a missionary's p-day (preparation day) was supposed to be relaxing or something, that's a myth...

In case any of you still thought that a missionary's p-day (preparation day) was supposed to be relaxing or something, that's a myth. In other words, I've got about 5 minutes to write this.

Felicitations to Kylie and Joe for their engagement! I suppose they just couldn't wait until August 2nd of 2017. Oh well ;)

As far as numbers go, it was a bit of a rough week, but I'm not too worried about it. I have a feeling that we have a lot of promising work ahead of us, once we can get out of this little rut we've been stuck in. Also, I was a little bit sick last week, which may have been part of it, but I'm feeling better now. Just a sore throat and fever, which went away with medicine. So no worries ;)  [editor's note: that 'no worries' is for mom, the worrier]

Friday night may have been one of the craziest nights of my mission. Sorry, I feel like even if I did have more time I wouldn't be able to accurately describe it. That might be an after I get home story. Let's just say we may or may not have helped save a family from falling apart. #missionarywork

Sorry. That was really vague. I mean everyone is safe and let's be honest it was Heavenly Father who did any saving, right? So that's all you need to know. Mwahaha.

Other note from this week: it is really, really hard to hide stuff from a companion that you are with for pretty much 24/7, unless you have to go on a split or exchange. It's even harder when you're not at all a good liar and she is a walking polygraph (note to mom: i can't for the life of my English remember what that word is for the lie detector test thing is so please edit that out and put the right word in thank you. Or else that is that right word in which case leave it) [editor's note: she got the word right, but I thought her note was cute so I left it in]. But despite all that and the commandment to not bear false witness, we succeeding in throwing a surprise party for Soeur D's birthday last night. The other sisters we share a house with did most of the planning, but it was my job to make sure we were there at the right time. She loved it!

Speaking of the right time, I'm really really late so I've got to go. So so sorry! Love you all!

Faaitoito!

Soeur Ladd

0 comments